Country Sausage Gravy
- 1lb ground pork sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
-1/3 c flour
- 3 c milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, brown the sausage
- Add the butter to the skillet and stir until melted
- Sprinkle the flower over the meat
- Slowly our the milk in, whisking until smooth; add the seasonings!
- Cook until just barely thickened; the gravy will continue to cook in the hot skillet. If you find that it's too thick, dilute with milk until you've hit your desired consistency.
Leave a comment